AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Real Estate AdWords Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have question about Real Estate Advertising. I am doing AdWords for quite some time now, and I have many successful campaigns behind me. But this case is a bit specific and I am not sure how to approach. 

Anyway, thing is this. My client has a website where you can advertise that you are renting your house, apartment, etc. The thing works like this, this is written on their page so you get some overview how they work: 

"Enter your property details and advertise on realestate.com.au and domain"

So the thing is that you pay some amount of money and they list you there and everything, but you are actually find your tenants alone. So there is no middleman or agent. 

But here comes my problem: 

You cannot see any apartments or anything on their web page. How should I filter out results, because there are 2 different searches: 1. the people who are searching where they can advertise their apartment. And there is second group of people who is searching apartments for rent. I need first group of people and not the second group of people. And search query that they both make is almost identical. 

I made few ad groups for now, and I wanted to test what are people searching, so I made groups for now with keywords like: +rent +apartment. And similar like this. The bounce rate was huge. This is natural because most of searches were made to find apartment for rent. Then Idea comes to my mind, let put word "for" as negative keyword. Apartment for rent. House for rent. That would remove people that are in that second group which I do not need. Bounce rate remains same, and there is almost no clicks. 

The other problem is that client has very limited budget, which is 20$ daily. And for Australia that is really low. 

My question is how to lower that bounce rate so I get only relevant leads.

Sorry for long post. I hope that someone will have some idea, because I am running out of ideas. 

Thank you very much, 

Karlo

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real Estate AdWords Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can use keywords like:

+list +apartment
+advertise +apartment
+list +realestate +com +au

Also consider bidding on their competitors brand names, if they have any competitors.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

Thank you for the answer. Well I will try those keywords. 

Bidding on competitors is not an option in my opinion. Problem is that clients budget is very low for Australia, and bidding on competitors usually has very low Quality Scores, and the problem here is that click price should be set high for this to work. I usually like set up good campaign before using competitor names for advertising. 

Thanks for help I will try those. If anyone else has some solution to I will highly appreciate it. 

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Karlo,

You need to understand that Bounce Rate is directly associated with the user experience. The more relevant the user experience is, the less bounces there will be across your website.

You can direct the traffic towards the website using huge quantity of keywords, but the fact is how relevant they are and whether they serve the purpose of the user or not.

One small advice would be to focus on quality of your keywords and not the quantity of your keywords.

Secondly ensure that the pages where you are driving your users to, they should be relevant with all the information so that user engages with your page and doesn't bounce back.

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, again thank you very much for the answer. Yes you are right about bounce rate and user experience on the web page itself. You are absolutely right regarding this. However, bad bounce rate here is something else. Problem is that lots of people do not read Ads. I wrote ads where is specifically stated that Ad is meant for people that want to rent their apartment, and not for people who wanna live in someone else apartment. I hope that you understand what I mean. Because of this I need some idea how to show my Ads to people who are renting their apartment. Almost 90% search queries was made by people who wish to live in someones apartment, and I need other opposite group of people. 

Thank you, 

Karlo

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Karlo,

Yes I do understand that. Still I feel the messaging has to be smart enough to drive more users who actually want to rent out their apartment. I also agree that there would be more users who are actually looking for the apartments on rent as compared to your particular scenario.

In terms of AdWords, I could say that try to analyse search terms everyday and add the negative ones timely to attract more relevant users. Also, try hands on Display Network and probably image/display ads with correct message to reach out the niche market you are looking for.

My 2 cents!
Pankaj