1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Reading Display Planner to set a budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am trying to set a budget for my Display ads. First step, i try to understand the Display banner and the stats it churns out. For example, for a certain keyword, it says Hist CPC $0-$1, and impressions per week is at 100k to 500k, does it mean that if i bid at $0.75, then i will gather about 75% of the weekly impressions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reading Display Planner to set a budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Display Planner is a great tool to calculate the approximations and how you can target different set of placements and how they might behave.

Please note that these are all estimates and there's no guarantee of how much impressions or clicks you can actually receive. There are different internal and external factors as well which counts into the actual data you might receive. So my suggestion would be that you shouldn't blindly follow the tool but only use it for the purpose of framing your campaign properly and then optimize accordingly.

Pankaj

Re: Reading Display Planner to set a budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj, noted that this is a guideline. Back to the stats, Hist CPC $0-$1, and impressions per week is at 100k to 500k, what should i use to determine my max bid?