2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Reactivating an account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had an account back in July of last year and when my promotional credit experied I deleted the campaign.  i get a call today offering me another credit to try adwords express but the guy on the phone said my ads were paused.  I didn't see any ads tho.  What I did see was an alert saying "This billing account is no longer in use"  So he transfers me to customer service who tells me I have deleted the campaigns and ads and that if I create new ones then my account will be reactivated but they don't walk people through the phone for this because its too time consuming.  Which is fine I understand the issue with that.  But I create a new test ad just to try and reactivate the account and I still have the error about "This billing account is no longer in use"  I do have a credit from the last ads of about $4.00 and I have a credit card on file for billing so I'm not sure what the issue is.  Any advice?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reactivating an account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

jackofheartz;

Have gone through the steps in the re-activation article?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My screen doesn't show account has been cancled just that the billing account is no longer in use.  I did what customer service told me over the phone and create a new campaign and ads but the error at the top didn't go away.  I just applied to have them reactivate the account tho just in case thats the issue,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Jack,

Did you see a $1 charge from Google on the credit card you submitted? If not, there may be someting wrong with the number or the expire date. I'd go back and double check.

Did you change your account from pre-pay to post-pay? If not, $4.00 isn't enough to get a campaign going. You need to switch to post-pay or make a deposit.

That's about all I can think of for the moment. Please let us know how it turns out or progresses!

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords