Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Re-use an email address for multiple teams

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a freelance software engineer and thus work on apps for numerous clients. On other Google services, such as the Google Play developer console, my email address can be added to multiple teams, allowing me to access my different clients' apps from one account. However, AdWords isn't letting my clients invite me because my email address is already tied to one account.

It is not reasonable to expect users to have to create a new email address for each team that they work with. That is the kind of mess that Apple used to make us deal with, and even they got their act together recently. How can I work with multiple clients' AdWords accounts without needing to create a new email address for each client?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re-use an email address for multiple teams

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you’re an agency or someone who manages multiple AdWords accounts, a manager account is a powerful tool that could save you time. A manager account is an AdWords account that lets you easily view and manage multiple AdWords accounts -- including other manager accounts -- from a single location.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This was been a long time known issue in AdWords and Google started last year to offer one email - many accounts. However, apparently this hasn't been fully rolled out.  Have you tested?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Vishav Dadhwal  I can't create a manager account because my email address is already linked to a regular account. Classic catch-22

@MosheTLV  I tried. If they are actually rolling that feature out, it doesn't work on my account.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

The best thing to do is to create a new email to manage the AdWords Manager Account and then add your client's individual AdWords account to it. This is the best practices with AdWords. Vishav provides the links to do so.

Aside from that, you can wait for your account to obtain the feature, which Moshe speaks of. That could be months... and it is still not the best way to manage multiple accounts. 

All the Best,

James