AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Re-marketing Ad Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone, 

Hope you all are doing good, Well I am new to Adwords/Remarketing. So I am little bit of confused and facing some problem hope I will get my answer.

Well I am currently running Re-marketing Campaign for my Project so I created the List and I ran an Ad on that Re-marketing list. 

Now in Stats I can see Clicks/Conversions/Impressions everything but why cant I or my Colleague see my Re-marketing Ads? 

I visited my Website Direct/Organically same did my Colleagues but We still see any ad? 

In order to add in Remarketing List should I have to Click my Display Ad then I will see my Ads Regularly? or Any person who can visit site organically will also be added in re-marketing list (If yes? then why i can not see it and any other whom i know)

Hope you get what I am trying to say. Waiting for your answers

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re-marketing Ad Issue

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Juanaid,

"why cant I or my Colleague see my Re-marketing Ads?"

Select the campaign and ad group in question and click on the upper *ADS* tab. The appropriate ads will be shown listed lower.

"..in order to add in Remarketing List ... "

On that table, click on the red +AD button to create a text or image ad for your ad group.

You can control the traffic that should be added to the remarketing list via your Google Analytics account. If you wish, you may focus on organic or direct traffic as well.

I am showing you a campaign stats page from my account below my sig so you can find the items mentioned above.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture-may10b.PNG

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition to Lakatos' answer;

>>"I visited my Website Direct/Organically same did my Colleagues but We still see any ad? "

If you don't see the ad after visiting the site, and assuming that the bid id high enough, check if the code is properly installed;

The Google Chrome tag assist is  the tool to use;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the Reply,

But as mentioned above we are getting Clicks/Impressions/Conversions everything in the Stats

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Junaid A;

Then, I would raise the bid....
You could also check search Display Lost Impression share ("the percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Display Network due to poor Ad Rank") to get some indication why your ad is not shown on websites;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
"...why cant I or my Colleague see my Re-marketing Ads?"

Junaid, I may have misunderstood that query.

What did you in fact mean? You can't see your ads in the AdWords Interface, or on the Google Search Results Page, or elsewhere when browsing various sites on the net?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running Google Display Campaign, Yes I and others whom i know are unable to see Ads on Various sites.

We are visiting site Directly/Organically and as I was reading when you Add Remarketing code on the Website no matter how you visit the site i.e. Direct or Organic once you land on the Page you are added into the Remarketing List ..

But I and my other friends we are visiting site and yet we are unable to see Remarketing Ads but in Google Adwords we are seeing Conversions/Clicks and Impressions.

My Question is Only People who Click on Ads would be added to the Remarketing List or the Person who Visited Website Organically or Direct would also be added in the list (If yes then why Me and my friends are unable to see ads)

Hope you get my point

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Ah, I see now .... Smiley Happy

The AdWords interface stats show you that your campaign is chasing, with your ads, a good number of users when browsing. However, the campaign is not chasing you or your colleague even though you also have evidently visited your own website a pretty few times.

Is that the right interpretation of the Q?

Well, I can think of 2 principal reasons: targeting or creation.

1. Maybe the geo-target of the remarketing campaign does not include your location or you put a cap on impressions. Else you saw your own ad too many times without clicking, in which case Google customizes the ads displayed to you, to your clicking history.

2. I am not sure how you created the remarketing list. Many simply forget about the details. - I mean you perhaps did not include organic traffic during that process.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I created the list by this method:
Shared library > Audiences > + Remarketing List.
After that I created an Ad and added Remarketing List in that..

I think you highlighted the my mistake, Ummm yes you are right in this whole process i didn't include Organic Traffic!!!! How can I add Organic Traffic in Remarketing List? How can i do that?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I use GA for such purposes.

Google Analytics is available under the TOOLS tab in your AdWords interface. When you are in, follow this path: Reporting >> Acquisition >> All Traffic >> Channels. Then find the +Add Segment button and apply settings under it that you could be comfortable with.

Capture-may10e.PNG