Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Re-enable Ad Group after removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

How I could re-enable Ad Group after removed when the Ad Group with zero impression?

I did try to enable it, but when I performed the action Google Ad Word pop-up a message "Cannot edit removed entities".

Best Regards,

Jinq Yuan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jinq Yuan T
September 2015

Re: Re-enable Ad Group after removed

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jinq,

Alex Ander's advice is correct. If you want to use that ad group, though, you can download your account into editor. Go to the Tools dropdown and then choose Settings. A settings box will pop-up. Go to the 'Download and Display' tab. Check the box that says download removed campaigns and ad groups. Now download your account again. Everything will be downloaded, included your deleted ad group. You can now select the ad group, copy & paste it. You'll have to rename it but you should be able to post it as active.

Like Alex Ander said, in the future, be sure to pause anything that you might want to run again.

Best,
Amy

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Jinq,

Removed items cannot be enabled again. Next time pause your Ad Group if you think you might need it in the future and then you can enable it back any time you want.

Alex
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jinq Yuan T
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jinq,

Alex Ander's advice is correct. If you want to use that ad group, though, you can download your account into editor. Go to the Tools dropdown and then choose Settings. A settings box will pop-up. Go to the 'Download and Display' tab. Check the box that says download removed campaigns and ad groups. Now download your account again. Everything will be downloaded, included your deleted ad group. You can now select the ad group, copy & paste it. You'll have to rename it but you should be able to post it as active.

Like Alex Ander said, in the future, be sure to pause anything that you might want to run again.

Best,
Amy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there!
Total newbie here! My question is if I pause one of my Ad Groups, does my budget then get spread across the remaining ads? I wanted to increase the daily budget on 2 ads but I read where that is not possible that it has to be done via the Campaign. So I paused my 2 ads that were not performing and am hoping the budget is now spread evenly. Is that correct?

Thanks so much,
Gina

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Gina,

Thanks for posting to the Community! You're right that the budget is always set at the Campaign level, and never at the ad group or ad level. However, if you go from having 4 ads to having 2 ads (because you pause 2, for example), then that does mean there is more budget available from your daily budget to go toward the remaining two.

Keep in mind, though, that unless you have your ads set to rotate evenly (found in the Settings tab > All Settings near the bottom of the page), your ads might still not have an even split in terms of traffic. AdWords will automatically show whichever ad or ads get the strongest results for you, so many times you'll see that 1 or 2 ads out of a group will pull in the majority of the traffic.

Hope this helps!
Cassie