Guide Me
star_border

Re-Marketing Campaign Best Practices

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When building a re-marketing campaign;

1) Should the campaign only consist of adgroups with re-marketing audiences?

2) Is there a negative affect if you have adgroups that contain affinity or in-market audiences withing the re-marketing campaign?

I have not been able to find a straight up answer. I have been told by some that re-marketing campaign perform better when set on their own. Some professional insight would be appreciated!

PS: I am in the automotive retail industry

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W
February 2016

Re: Re-Marketing Campaign Best Practices

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

This is a nice question...

I prefer setting a different remarketing campaign. The main two reasons are to allocate a spare budget and to have the reporting separated form the main campaign. I think many advertisers would echo these 2 arrangements;

As for your second question - if  you target affinity audiences (to expand your Reach) do it as part of the targeting methods set within the remarketing campaign itself.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
To be clear on your answer...
1) Re-marketing as stand alone campaign but I can add an affinity audience (AA) adgroup or in-market (IM) adgroup within the re-marketing campaign to expand my re-marketing reach?
2) or do I add the AA or IM audience within the re-marketing adgroup ?

example
NEW INVENTORY - Re-marketing (Campaign)
*NEW INV - RMKTG (adgroup)
*NEW INV - AA (adgroup)
*NEW INV - IM (adgroup)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Option 2: "add the AA or IM audience within the re-marketing adgroup".
However, If your RM list is big enough, I would not add AA or IM audiences at all.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!