AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Re. Advertising

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am interested in using one of of google adwords promotional codes offers entitling me to £75.00 worth of credit if I spend £25.00.  How does this offer work as google adwords asks for customers to put down a daily spend?  I just want to use the £25.00 offer and see if I drum up any business. Also none of the freephone numbers listed work, which is really annoying.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Re. Advertising

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah, for this particular coupon, you'll receive a £75 credit once you've spent £25 of your own money, so it's effectively getting £100 of advertising for £25.

However, from your question it does sound like you haven't got a great deal of experience using AdWords and in such cases it's very easy to spend that £100 with few - if any - results.  AdWords can be a great tool for driving useful traffic to your business, but it's not simple to set up and relatively easy to make mistakes that see your spend gone in a flash.

If you'd like to try AdWords, I'd really suggest either that you spend some time studying the program before spending a single penny, or investigate whether working with a consultant or agency may be more cost effective.

If you haven't visited here already, this is a good place to start the learning process:

https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Re. Advertising

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah, for this particular coupon, you'll receive a £75 credit once you've spent £25 of your own money, so it's effectively getting £100 of advertising for £25.

However, from your question it does sound like you haven't got a great deal of experience using AdWords and in such cases it's very easy to spend that £100 with few - if any - results.  AdWords can be a great tool for driving useful traffic to your business, but it's not simple to set up and relatively easy to make mistakes that see your spend gone in a flash.

If you'd like to try AdWords, I'd really suggest either that you spend some time studying the program before spending a single penny, or investigate whether working with a consultant or agency may be more cost effective.

If you haven't visited here already, this is a good place to start the learning process:

https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits