AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

RTB v/s Goole AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

As of now my understanding about RTB is that it's a technology to buy/sell adspaces online. And this can be done using DSPs. My question here is, Is Google Adwords is a implementation of RTB technology or can we use RTB with Google Adwords itself ? Becuase in AdWords, they carry real time auction to display the ads (And this is what RTB is) ? How does RTB differs from Google AdWords ?

Loking forward for response.

Thanks !

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RTB v/s Goole AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Genius,

That's a good question. Real Time Bidding is a dynamic bidding process where each and every single impressions are available for bidding and if the bid is won, that impression will be served with the Advertiser's Ad. Real Time Bidding can be achieved through Google DoubleClick Ad Exchange. In RTB, highest Bid always won the auction.

As far as Google AdWords is concerned, even though the auction is happening every time, a user searches for the particular keyword, bidding for impressions happens in bulk (usually grouped with 1000 impressions, CPM). In Google AdWords, winning the auction has multitude of factors like Quality Score, CTR and Ad Rank.

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shafi,
Thanks for the reply.
As Google AdWords auction happen, it wont take bid at real/run time from advertiser, rather uses the bid that advertisers has setup while campaign creation. So here no Real Time Bidding happening for advertiser.
So if I am right, how does advertiser do Real Time Bidding in Google AdWords ? I eagerly want to know if it is possible to do real time bidding in Google AdWords. If yes, what are the ways ?
Thanks again !

Real Time Bidding in Google AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

How Real Time Bidding works for AdWords Customers ?

Thank you.

Re: Real Time Bidding in Google AdWords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please refrain from multiple postings on the same topic.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Genius,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately it's not possible to use real-time bidding within AdWords directly. Real-time bidding requires explicit approval along with proper server configuration. You will need to contact the Double Click Team, via the contact form here, to set up real-time bidding. 

I hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi RachelM,

Thanks for your reply.
Just now I read an article that says Google AdWords manages Real Time Beddings for AdWords customers. Here is the link that explains how Real Time Bidding works for AdWords customers.
Link: http://www.quora.com/How-similar-is-Real-Time-Bidding-in-action-to-Google-Adwords

It is confusing Smiley Sad

Can you please remark on this ?

Thank you.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi Genius,

I think you'd have to set up a DoubleClick account and manage AdWords through that in order to use RTB. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi RachelM,

Thanks again.

But this stuff really driving me crazy. I am clear that to have RTB with AdWords, one need DoubleClcik Search (DCM) account, but it's just that I could not create one for me.
Can you please help me with how I can setup account to use RTB with my Google AdWords account.

Looking forward for response.

Thanks A Lot !