Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Quick simple question about keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I was wondering if I were to use "wedding photo in Toronto" as keywords in either broad or phrase match, would it apply to searches for:

wedding photo in Toronto

wedding photographer in Toronto

wedding photography in Toronto

Thank you for your help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnnysks
September 2015

Re: Quick simple question about keyword

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

The keyword set to phrase match would match the first search query in your list. It would not match the other search queries in your list.

The keyword set to broad match would match the first search query in your list and might match the second two search queries in your list.

In general, if you're a wedding photographer, you probably want to avoid using "weddinng photo" as a keyword. You might want to try "wedding photos" but I'd personally be very careful about that. The "photo" searches are more likely to be someone searching for actual public/shared photos than someone looking for a photographer.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help, Theresa!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

add to the thoughts...

most people don't refine their initial search unless they are a more experienced user. Thus someone in Totonto makes a search for "wedding photogrpaher" and get a whole load of results about wedding photogrpahers all over the place.

Then they go back and refine their search, including the Toronto qualifier.

If you have geo targeting set (as you must!) then if you use "wedding photogrpaher" as a keyword you will catch people on their first search. when they refine their search, you will still appear.

But here's an idea - if your ad text - headline - is "Wedding Photos in Toronto" then your ad might grab the searchers attention after their first search - you could improve your chances of clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the insight, Steve!