Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding google adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to ask you, today I had speech with one marketing manager from one ppc company and we talked about ppc campaign.

He said that there are some tricks to reduce the cost of 1 Click to 6 euro cents. He invests mainly about 500 eur per day.

He expressed in the sense that Google favors companies that invest a lot of money and thus offers much more favorable prices per click to them who invests more into campaigns.

Is this true? Because if this is true, I feel cheated to pay 1,58euro per click for same keyword. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question regarding google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michal S;

Quote:

"He expressed in the sense that Google favors companies that invest a lot of money and thus offers much more favorable prices per click to them who invests more into campaigns."

This is  an example of an unsupported claim by an "eager" sales person.

In AdWords all advertisers are equal when competing for an ad slot regardless of their spend:  this is what has made AdWords a neat online advertising platform. The small business can compete with the big one on an equal basis.

I encourage you  to familiarize yourself with the guidelines for hiring a 3rd party agency; (And you could  recommend to the sales  Rep to also familiarize himself  about  arguments allowed when pitching  to hire a client... Smiley Surprised  )

http://www.google.com/adwords/thirdpartypartners/

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No, Exactly Not. Read Adwords Advertising policies. Google doesn't favor any company who have lot of money to invest. if any one want business through Google Adword, It has been required Relevant, useful and original content, Transparency and trustworthiness. “Focus on providing the best user experience” is the first tenet of Google’s philosophy.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/topic/1626336?hl=en&ref_topic=2996750.

Off - course you can reduce the cost of per click. There are some ethical techniques which you can use according to Google adwords support guideline . Visit as followed link to reduced click cost. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/HOW-CAN-I-DECREASE-THE-CPC/td-p/943...

Hope this will help and justify your thought .

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hello Michal,

that is definitely not truth. You can optimize your campaigns and increase Quality Score of your keywords to decrease CPC.

Google favors companies that spend lot of money in AdWords in sense that Google invites these companies to beta versions of their products, provide exclusive support. But it is not like companies can write to Google to decrease CPC. I mean they can, but it is not going to happen.

Alex