AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question re "% served" column

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am struggling to understand the meaning of the column "% served" in my Ad campaign (within the "Ads" tab). The description says that it is the % of ads shown against other ads within my ad group. However, I only have 1 ad in most of my ad groups and yet the % is very low. I would expect it to always be 100% given that there is only 1 ad in the ad group....

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew F
September 2015

Re: Question re "% served" column

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

It depends on what you're looking at. If you have selected a campaign and are reviewing the % served numbers for the entire campaign, that percentage is across all ad groups. Select the AdGroup, then look at the ads, you should see 100% if there is only one ad.

Another thing to look at is date range. Have you selected a date range for which a now inactive ad was active? If you're not looking at "ALL" ads, the percentages won't add up.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew F
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

It depends on what you're looking at. If you have selected a campaign and are reviewing the % served numbers for the entire campaign, that percentage is across all ad groups. Select the AdGroup, then look at the ads, you should see 100% if there is only one ad.

Another thing to look at is date range. Have you selected a date range for which a now inactive ad was active? If you're not looking at "ALL" ads, the percentages won't add up.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

That's really helpful and makes perfect sense.

Thanks so much for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Andrew