Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question on placements / display network

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just launched a campaign on the display network. I added placements (that is, specific websites where my ad could appear). Gmail and Youtube are excluded by default when you choose this? And if they are, what do I do in order to show my ads in gmail and YT as well? I chose " bid only" in settings. Thanks (newbie, as you guessed)!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Question on placements / display network

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

To target YouTube add "youtube.com" to your management placements, and to target Gmail add "mail.google.com".
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Flow,

Agree with Ahmed on this. If you are looking to target Gmail and YT in your Display campaigns, you just need to add the respective website URL's in your targeting under the managed placements.

Also, I would suggest you keep your bid settings on 'Target and Bid' as it will allow you to set specific bids for each targeted placement depending on their performance recorded till date.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

You actually don´t need to add YouTube and mail.google.com (thereby targeting them) in order for your ad to show on those placements.
If you choose any other targeting method, your ad could show on any of those as long as you don´t exclude them.