1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question about weekly frequency capping

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

As far as I know Google applies an internal probability coefficient to prioritize those people with the least number of impressions/views first. So suppose I changed view from 1 view/day to 2 views/week, will the frequency capping consider past history? In other words will Google look back in the last couple of days and figure out how to prioritize or will everything starts from fresh since the day the change is made?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard L
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nop.  In terms of users (unless you set a cap) all users (including in the targeting audience)  are  equal. The distribution of the ad during the day is based on the budget you allocated, how fast this budget is exhausted and, of course, the cost per click 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Can you provide a reference?

I am not familiar with any advantage given  in the auction. All advertisers are equal and ranked based on bid and ad quality (aka QS) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Let me give you an example, suppose 1000 users show up at a moment and they all qualify to be shown our YouTube ad, 500 of them have not seen it today, the other 500 have one impression. If I set the daily frequency capping to 2, Adwords will likely show the ad to those who have not seen it than those who have seen it once. This way with my limited budget I can reach more people rather having the ad shown repeatedly to the same group of people. Hope this makes sense. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard L
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nop.  In terms of users (unless you set a cap) all users (including in the targeting audience)  are  equal. The distribution of the ad during the day is based on the budget you allocated, how fast this budget is exhausted and, of course, the cost per click