AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question about "Your AdWords Account: Ad Disapproved"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Shouldnt I see the specific ad flagged in the online interface? And if I do not see the ad flagged? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Question about "Your AdWords Account: Ad Disapproved"

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi oneano,

You should see an alert on your main Campaigns page with a link to view your disapproved ad, as well as see the details of the disapproved ad in the email you received. However, if you're not seeing this, you can create a filter to view all disapproved ads in your account by following these instructions (under 'Advanced Tip'):

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704381

Make sure you're viewing 'All Ads' above the yellow Filter bar (rather than 'All but deleted'). You may have made an immediate change to an ad, causing the disapproved ad to now be deleted (which, if this is the case, you're all set). 

I'm not able to speak to the specifics of your account, but if you're still having trouble or want to verify that there are no disapproved ads in your account, feel free to contact support at 1-866-2GOOGLE.

Sarah Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello oneano,

You should see the related text-ad marked as "dissaproved" in your ads listing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thats what I would expect to see, but it isnt there. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi oneano,

You should see an alert on your main Campaigns page with a link to view your disapproved ad, as well as see the details of the disapproved ad in the email you received. However, if you're not seeing this, you can create a filter to view all disapproved ads in your account by following these instructions (under 'Advanced Tip'):

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704381

Make sure you're viewing 'All Ads' above the yellow Filter bar (rather than 'All but deleted'). You may have made an immediate change to an ad, causing the disapproved ad to now be deleted (which, if this is the case, you're all set). 

I'm not able to speak to the specifics of your account, but if you're still having trouble or want to verify that there are no disapproved ads in your account, feel free to contact support at 1-866-2GOOGLE.

Sarah Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just tried to implement a campaign, incentivised by an adwords '£150 if you spend £65' promotion. The ad campaign did not run so I spoke to an adwords expert who said it was because I had a word in all caps. We corrected this but the ad still did not run. Now the reason is 'excessive punctuation' which, I presume, refers to two exclamation marks. The ad policies should be clear, with examples of disallowed ads or formats. I feel as though I have been conned, as I will now not be able to achieve the target spend and therefore will be denied my £150 credit. In addition, adwords experts should have a better knowledge of the policies, as the exclamation marks were in the original ad, but not mentioned by the 'expert'.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hello Phil_Desanex,

I'm sorry to hear you've had some delays in your ad running due to disapprovals. You can find a full list of our editorial policies (including examples of disallowed ads, etc.) here:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310862&guide=1308145&page=guide.c...

See links at left for different categories (punctuation & symbols, capitalization, etc.). I can't speak to the specifics of the promotion you're using, but following the above link will allow you to create ads going forward that will abide by our policies and thus, get approved the first time around.  And actually, our AdWords Policy Center is a great resources for all of our advertising policies:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1316546&rd=1

Finally, if you want to get expert advice for your local market over the phone, you can find our contact numbers here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1385067

Best of luck,

Sarah