2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question about # of broad modified keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know with broad modified keywords, you can choose to have certain words mandatorily included in your keyword -- but I'm wondering as to how many broad modified keywords are actually necessary. Let's take the example of "black shoes" as the core keyword... if my broad modifier is +black +shoes, I assume that would include "cheap black shoes", so should we add +cheap +black +shoes as a separate broad modified keyword or is +black +shoes enough?

Primarily, my question is -- should we make a broad modified keyword out of every keyword (long and short tail) in our keyword lists? Or, are short tail keywords broad modified with the core keywords enough?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Question about # of broad modified keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It depends on how you have structured your campaigns and your targeted landing pages. In your case if you have created a separate ad group & landing page for cheap black shoes, you should be using +cheap +black +shoes keyword. It's a good practice to modify single or two word keyword terms for a very generic ad groups. And modify 3-5 word keyword terms for more specific and targeted ad groups.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Question about # of broad modified keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It depends on how you have structured your campaigns and your targeted landing pages. In your case if you have created a separate ad group & landing page for cheap black shoes, you should be using +cheap +black +shoes keyword. It's a good practice to modify single or two word keyword terms for a very generic ad groups. And modify 3-5 word keyword terms for more specific and targeted ad groups.