2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question about broad match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will a broadmatch term for two words come up if somebody searches for them as one word - so the search would be both words but without a space in between?

It's just that our brand name is two words rolled together, so when people search for our brand a bunch of other ads show, but I'm wondering if this is because the other ad campaigns are using the two words in a broad match keyword.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jane P
September 2015

Re: Question about broad match

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jane P,

Yes, broad match can trigger without spaces. It is possible that your competitors are using your brand name without space as a keyword in their campaign. I always use competitor names, brand names with without spaces and some other variations too.

Hope this answers your query!

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jane P
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
They could also be showing if they have the "Exact and phrase matching" setting (at the campaign level) set to "Include plurals, misspellings, and other close variants".
Ryan.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Jane

As its been said already it can be due to any kind of keyword matching mentioned earlier. And Yes as neha said they should be using your brand name as one of their keyword. Most of the people do these days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your replies guys, that's very helpful. Much appreciated.

Jane