1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question about Google Search with display select

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So this company set up some adwords campaigns using the Google Search with display select.

And i'm wondering... where are these text ads shown in the "display network"?

They set it up using text ads so they should only be shown in the search network? Yet, when i look at the numbers in december 2016 i received 172 clicks from the "display network" and only 35 from the "search network"

I have optimised the account and created new "search only" campaigns. CTR increased by like 10% but the amount of impressions also declined by like 10000. I'm 100% sure that the traffic i get now is far more valuable but this just rises more questions.. why does it get so much more impressions. Keywords stayed relatively the same, just in multiple adgroups.

So yea, where are these ads shown in the display network?

Why did i get a lot more impressions?

How can i get clicks in the display network when theres text ads set up?

Thanks for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google display also shows the Text ads in GDN. If you want, where your ads serve you need to check the placement performance report under the display network tab.

Generally, the display ads get higher impression than the Search campaigns. The Display campaign CTR varies from 0.10% to 0.50%.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Rakesh. Appreciate the time you're taking to answer my question. 

That's what i've been searching for but unfortunately there isn't a "display network tab" in my "Google Search with Display Network campaigns".

Edit: i searched the internet and found the answer. They set the campaign type to "standard" and not "all features". Changing this showed me the display network.

Thanks for the help! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for doing Google Smiley Happy Glad to know, you solve your problem.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’