AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Question about AdWords accounts with same domain but separate billing details/target location.

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have a client who are currently running an AdWord campaign in the UK and Internationally. They are interested in setting up an account for their Australian franchise which has the same domain.

Is it possible to create a new AdWords account targeting Australia, but with a landing page with the same domain as the current ads. This would make it easier for billing purposes, however, I am aware that Google only allows one account per business. 

What is the best way to make this work?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about AdWords accounts with same domain but separate billing details/target location.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome;

No. That would most likely would be a violation of the double serving section of the Policy;

(Though there are some exceptions I don't think your client falls into themSmiley Wink

Open another campaign targeting Australia on the current account;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Question about AdWords accounts with same domain but separate billing details/target location.

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

The only issue with opening another campaign targeting Australia on the current account is the billing. The Australian campaign would need to be billed to the Australian office in Australia. I.e. separate from the current account billing info which is billed to the main UK office.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

That's what I was trying to hint about "exceptions". I wouldn't take the risk trying to explain to Google that these are two different entities...(Unlikely that Google would consider it as such. See the double serving criteria for "entity".)

I am sure, that like in any other company, these two offices have an internal accounting procedure for "transfer pricing" . Google Adwords will be another item on the list....

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for your help!