3.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Query about linking email accounts to AdWords accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received this error message when trying to using my work email to their Adwords account:

A Google Account can only have access to one AdWords account. 
The Google Account kyle.hughes@dionach.com already has access to an AdWords account.

I need to accept an invitation but it won't let me as I have already accessed the AdWords account throygh Analytics. Is there any chance I can delete that access so I can use this new invitation?

Thanks,

Kyle

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle H
September 2015

Re: Query about linking email accounts to AdWords accounts

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

The difficulty is not that you're using this email address for Analytics because that's a different product. You can reuse one Google account (email address) across multiple Google products.

The difficulty is that the email address you're trying to use is already associated with an AdWords account. Either someone else already set up access to this account for you or this email address was granted access to a different AdWords account.  

Someone with access to the AdWords account needs to log in to it and see if this email address is listed as a confirmed user on the business's account or not. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle H
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

The difficulty is not that you're using this email address for Analytics because that's a different product. You can reuse one Google account (email address) across multiple Google products.

The difficulty is that the email address you're trying to use is already associated with an AdWords account. Either someone else already set up access to this account for you or this email address was granted access to a different AdWords account.  

Someone with access to the AdWords account needs to log in to it and see if this email address is listed as a confirmed user on the business's account or not. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Trouble is if you sign in to adwords using your email and you dont have an account, it creates one. So there doesnt seem to be a way to test if your email is free without making it... not free. I deleted my accidently created account and it still says the email is in use by another.
I was invited twice to my account in question (first invitation expired) so im on a 'list' but don't have access yet, as i need to confirm the link of my email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had the same issue as Justin S. After calling in, I was told to move the accidentally created account ("ACA") to another user. I created a generic Google account and then added this account to the ACA as an admin. I logged into the ACA as this generic account and then terminated access for the original account. This moved the account over. I could then associate the original account with the Adwords account to which I was invited.