1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running an adwords account, in which I have lots of clarification. First, could someone please tell me how to approach the below areas while trying to increase quality score.

1.Expected click through rate

2.Ad relevance

3.Landing page experience

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Re: Quality score

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @CIPL C

Welcome to the Google Advertiser Community.

It is quite impressive that you are aware of the fact that the “Big Three” component parts of ads quality are ad relevance, expected CTR and landing page experience.

However, it is imperative that you diagnose your keyword quality using the Quality Score so that you can focus your efforts on high-value areas where you can affect change.

Like you said in your question, approaching the areas of ad relevance, expected click through rate and landing page experience is important to improve your quality score.

Here is an article that will help you improve your quality score: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167116

All the best.

Cheers,

Taslim

View solution in original post

Quality score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

They are core components of the QS value. Higher quality scores can lead to lower prices and better ad positions. Fore more, please refer to: 

***   About Quality Score   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7050591

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Re: Quality score

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @CIPL C

Welcome to the Google Advertiser Community.

It is quite impressive that you are aware of the fact that the “Big Three” component parts of ads quality are ad relevance, expected CTR and landing page experience.

However, it is imperative that you diagnose your keyword quality using the Quality Score so that you can focus your efforts on high-value areas where you can affect change.

Like you said in your question, approaching the areas of ad relevance, expected click through rate and landing page experience is important to improve your quality score.

Here is an article that will help you improve your quality score: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167116

All the best.

Cheers,

Taslim

Quality score

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@CIPL C Glad to read from you .

1. Expected Click through rate : Expected CTR is Google’s estimation rate at which ad viewers will click through from your ads to your landing page. In calculating Expected CTR, Google considers how well your keyword has performed historically, based on the position of your ad. Google assigns your keyword a rating of above average, average or below average, using only the exact match keyword.

2. Ad Relevance : Is a very importact Factor in Online Marketing Generally ,infact Google critically look at that factor because Google's aim is to give the best result to users Searching for Information ,Products and Services . This is an encouragement to Online Marketers to make sure your Ads are Relevant, then you will have a Good Quality Score during your Campaign.  I always say "Do what is needed to be done to give your Prospective Customers the best , then expect Google's Reward !" .

3. Landing page :  landing page experience is evaluated based on:

• Relevant (determined mostly by the presence of keywords on the page), useful and original content
  • Transparency and trustworthiness
  • Ease of navigation
  • Encouraging visitors to spend time on your site

Quality Score : The default score when you start your campagin is 6/10 , then as you proceed their will variations in all keywords . 

As for me , i delete or move keywords less than 8/10 . Either i delete it or i move it to another Group or create another group to make it more relevant  to my Ads. Google gives you better positions and decreases Cost -per-click when you have improved quality score . Cheers ! 

Quality score

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Expected click through rate provided by Google is a nominal value to use as a guideline.  What you want to do is work with your ad copy to maximize click through rate (CTR), since it is a measure of successful engagement. Testing two or more ads against each other, with ad deliver being set to "rotate evenly" for a period, is a proven method of "walking up" your CTR by incrementally improving your ad copy. 

2. Ideally, your ad should include the keyword in the Headline text and clearly state a compelling value proposition related to that keyword. There are great "best practices" articles in these forums for writing ad copy, which become all the more important when using the new longer expanded text ad format. Relevance is paramount because it means you are delivering what is being searched for.

3. The Landing Page title should ideally, contain the keyword and the copy on the landing page should delve into it. A keyword density of just under 5% on the landing page text is ideal; don't overdue it. Remember to write landing page copy for the human visitor, not the Googlebots.  "Give them what they are searching for" should be the guiding principle (relevancy).