Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score fixed for new keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Today I was adding few exact amtch keywords in Ad group and I find quality score in all cases 5/10 but previously it was varies sometimes 10/10, 7/10 etc but now it's giving 5/10 only. anyone else noticing the same thing?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Quality score fixed for new keywords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Santosh,

This is probably initial Quality Score for that particular match type keyword based on how other advertisers would have performed in the past. It would gradually change once you start accruing impressions and keyword start performing.

The key is the CTR metric for Search ads and based on the order of precedence, try to bid highest for exact matches, then phrase and then broad match type.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj 

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It is normal for the first few hours when you add a keyword to fluctuate. Then the QS is changed daily according mainly to CTR variations. You can Read some unofficial information from here :

http://marketingland.com/5-surprising-facts-on-quality-score-change-42826

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Santosh,

Did you mean to say that your Quality Score dropped for all keywords or it's just that the exact match keywords you added had a Quality Score of 5?

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
No QS is not dropped for existing keyword. I was trying to add few exact match keywords in different Ad groups and I find that every time when I was adding keyword QS showing 5/10 .

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Santosh,

This is probably initial Quality Score for that particular match type keyword based on how other advertisers would have performed in the past. It would gradually change once you start accruing impressions and keyword start performing.

The key is the CTR metric for Search ads and based on the order of precedence, try to bid highest for exact matches, then phrase and then broad match type.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj