1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score of Paused Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just paused a few keywords, which doesn't appear to be very relevant for the existing ad group and moved those keywords to the new ad group.

But now I am wondering if the paused keywords will effect the quality score of the same keywords in other adgroups?

Look forward to an early and positive response.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Quality Score of Paused Keywords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Raj,

Just to add onto Hel_ipe's response, I would like to say that the reference mentioned in the above post clearly says that :

Even though this won't erase your account history, we still recommend deleting poorly performing ads and keywords. This will prevent them from performing poorly in the future and further affecting your account history. As the rest of your account accrues more performance data, the impact that the deleted ads and keywords have will diminish.

So, keep working on fine tuning your campaigns so that the overall Quality Score of your account gradually improves. It's always better to pause or delete the poorly performing keywords. However if the keywords are relevant and if you move some into a new ad group, QS may vary depending upon many factors.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Raj

I have read the two following articles after reading your question-

"What happens to a keyword's Quality Score if I move it to another ad group" and also "Can I erase my account history by deleting or pausing my old ads and keywords?". I think that you may find the information useful to read too.

and now I would like further clarification aboout this too...................I understand that when you move the keywords to a new ad group they will get re-assessed on relevance compared to the ads and landing page etc for the quality score to update, but when it says that deleting them from the old ad group or pausing them wont stop them from affecting your account history, does that mean that moving forward the keywords in the new ad group will be affected by this previous 'poor' performance?

I am sorry Raj, I set out hoping to answer your question, but it appears that I now have questions myself !!! :-)

Best regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Raj,

Just to add onto Hel_ipe's response, I would like to say that the reference mentioned in the above post clearly says that :

Even though this won't erase your account history, we still recommend deleting poorly performing ads and keywords. This will prevent them from performing poorly in the future and further affecting your account history. As the rest of your account accrues more performance data, the impact that the deleted ads and keywords have will diminish.

So, keep working on fine tuning your campaigns so that the overall Quality Score of your account gradually improves. It's always better to pause or delete the poorly performing keywords. However if the keywords are relevant and if you move some into a new ad group, QS may vary depending upon many factors.

Just a thought!

Pankaj