AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score Increase

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

This isn't a problem at all but would be interested to hear your views! I've noticed today an increase in quality score for the vast majority of keywords in my account. We've not done anything that would change this lately so whilst I'm pleased, I'm a bit confused. Is it possible there has been an increase in our competitor's keywords too so the net effect is nil? What would be the best way to determine this?

I think the key change has been landing page relevancy which previous to today was always "below average" We haven't altered our website but the majority of keywords now display "average" or "above average" for this.

I will need to wait until it gathers more data but currently it appears as though our CTR and average position for these keywords is similar to what it was before. However I think there is a decrease in cpc due to the higher quality score.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. The quality scores have gone up by at least 1 or 2 and it would be interesting if anyone has any thoughts on why this happened so we can determine if there's something we're doing right or whether it's just something that has happened randomly

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Quality Score Increase

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Hassan R

1- 2 points is a rather significant increase... Smiley Surprised
I would attribute the increase to an increase in CTR.
Has there been a significant increase in CTR?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Quality Score Increase

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There has actually been a decrease in CTR strangely, ever since my quality score has increased!

Since these quality scores have gone up, my CPC has gone down for the campaign (as expected) but CTR has gone down and Ave Position is the same. This doesn't make any sense to me as I thought an increase in QS would result in an increase in ave position and CTR?

Before the quality score went up, I paused around 12 campaigns and only left 2-3 campaigns running as I wanted to concentrate on the profitable ones first. Could this be the reason why the quality scores went up because the account as a whole was now higher quality (after pausing some unsuccessful campaigns)

Thanks!