AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

QUALITY SCORE CONFUSION

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a confusion over Quality Score of Keywords.

Do Quality Score of each Keyword changes after every hour or every day. As when I changed some keyword match from BM to BMM, or BM to PM, the Quality Score was 10/10 for few keywors & 9/10 for rest.

Now, after one day, it is showing as 6/10, 7/10 for some keywords & 8/10 for very few keywords.

I have also not changed my bid value.

Please suggest why it is so? And, how can we maintain a good quality score over time?

Regards,

Anoop

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: QUALITY SCORE CONFUSION

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
QS is recalculated for every auction in which a keyword takes part. It's a dynamic metric.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Anoop,

To expand on Moshe's answer, QS is is also calculated each and every time it is shown in the UI.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jolly,
To add to the great answers already provided by Moshe and Pete, I always advise advertisers to focus less on what their Quality Scores are day-to-day, and focus more on evaluating and optimizing the AdWords traffic they receive. Advertisers can often drive themselves crazy stressing about Quality Scores and in the end, the actual Clicks (visitors) to your site matter more than Quality Scores.

That being said, Quality Scores are important and yes, Quality Scores can help with higher Ad Positions and more efficient CPCs, but if a Keyword is a top converter for you and it has a low Quality Score, I'd say this is still an important Keyword for you and one you want to keep active.

To maintain good Quality Scores over time I suggest:
1. Evaluate CTR - make sure that you have a strong CTR for your Ads.
2. Make sure that your Ads align and are specific to your Keywords.
3. Make sure you have selected targeted, relevant AdWords Destination URLs as your Landing Pages.
4. Add Negative Keywords to ensure that your Ads are matching to focused Search Queries.
5. Organize your Campaigns and Ad Groups granularly, so Keywords in Ad Groups all relate to each other.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you change a match type or enter new keywords, the QS that is immediately displayed is not a true QS, it takes a little time to settle in before you will see the true QS which is why it dropped after 24 hours.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jolly,

More info on Google's official link below on Quality score:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/140351?hl=en

Cheers,
Vineesh..