AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Q:Can i set my AdWord budget to $00.01 per page impressions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can i set my AdWord budget to $00.01 per page impressions?

Our aim is to get 3000-5000 page impressions of raw traffic. The site featured our own development of free Mac OS X Apps, Dashboard Widgets, Mac OS X and iOS Tips...

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Q:Can i set my AdWord budget to $00.01 per page impressions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mac,
Welcome to the community.
You can certainly SET your bid/budget to 1 cent per page impression. That's $1 CPM which, depending on your industry might not be bad at all and may even be overpaying.

More info on CPM bidding can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6310?hl=en

However, a better article to start with may be this: "Determining a bid strategy based on your GOALS" : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725

If you're looking for impressions, CPM is certainly an option. However, impressions do NOT guarantee eyeballs and they certainly don't guarantee clicks and downloads of your apps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply Dave_Davis ;-)

CPM is certainly an option, its all about raw traffic. We will try that - Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mac O.
I think you seriously need to consider what your options are and what your goals are. If it's "all about traffic", I've found that CPM bidding is RARELY a good option.

CPM bidding lends itself well to branding campaigns that don't necessarily require clicks to be successful. With the limited info that you have provided, it sounds like you need clicks. Ad impressions do NOT equal traffic.

Start with the links I have provided and think carefully about what you want from AdWords. I don't want you jumping in and spending all your budget expecting something you might not get Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got it, good tip. Thanks for links, very usefull ;-)

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To add to the great answer of Dave Davis, I have tested the "viewable CPM" feature, and it works better than the normal CPM setting since the conditions to pay for an impression are "a display ad that is at least 50% viewable on the screen for at least one second " . Even the CTR was acceptable for this setting.

The ratio impressions to viewable impressions was around 2-3000 to 1000 viewable.

This feature is announced here by the Top Contributor Kim :

http://www.phillymarketinglabs.com/adwords-introduces-display-network-active-view-metrics/