I have this setup:

Campaign:

Adgroup #1:

-Keyword: Swimming Pool Builder - Broad Match

Adgroup#2:

-Keyword: Swimming Pool Contractor - Broad Match

Adgroup#3:

-Keyword: Swimming Pool Construction - Broad Match

will this keywords compete with each other? will it cause to push each others CPC? Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gie L
September 2015

eRe: Q: Broad Match Keywords on Different Adgroups

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The answer is simply YES.

"When multiple ad groups have keywords that match a search term, the AdWords system must make a more complex decision. This is because different ad groups might have different ads, landing pages, and campaign settings. All of these differences can result in different experiences for customers, and can result in different Quality Scores for similar keywords in different ad groups."

I would highly recommend reading this article:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

To handle this situation and to prevent any overlap, use more restrictive match type such BMM , exact and phrase, in addition to using negative keywords at the ad group level.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gie L
September 2015

eRe: Q: Broad Match Keywords on Different Adgroups

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The answer is simply YES.

"When multiple ad groups have keywords that match a search term, the AdWords system must make a more complex decision. This is because different ad groups might have different ads, landing pages, and campaign settings. All of these differences can result in different experiences for customers, and can result in different Quality Scores for similar keywords in different ad groups."

I would highly recommend reading this article:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

To handle this situation and to prevent any overlap, use more restrictive match type such BMM , exact and phrase, in addition to using negative keywords at the ad group level.