AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Putting codes in adwords to connect to google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am starting a new account client and I heard that I need to put code in my ads to enable google analytics tracking. Are there other places that I need to put in codes (landing page etc)?

Also how do I check that google analytics in connected to my adwords account? I see that it reports bing and yahoo, but I don't see anything about adwords.

Thanks for your help.Smiley Happy

Yehuda

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Putting codes in adwords to connect to google analytics

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

if your analytics and adwords accounts are linked and autotagging is enabled then analytics will track all the adwords information. But if you also want to track it for other campaigns like yahoo or bing then you will need to implement utm parameters as described in previous post.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If your AdWords and Google Analytics accounts are linked then make sure you've enabled the settings also.

Follow the steps to check:

1. Log in to Analytics.
  2. At the top right corner, click the Settings link.
  3. Select the check box for Allow Google Support to access my accounts when I report issues.
  4. Click Save User Settings.

Thanks,

Anand Vishwakarma

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1. You will need analytics tracking code on your landing page as well as other pages in your funnel including thankyou page.
  2. There are 2 ways to track your visits 
  3. 1st way is to create tagging for all your destination URLs and this link will help you with the same http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033867
  4. 2nd way is linking your analytics and adwords account for this you can find out more details athttp://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks you. Just to make sure that I understand, if my adwords and google analytics accounts are linked then that is enough to ensure that all of the information will get to analytics? Right

all the best,

Yehuda

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

if your analytics and adwords accounts are linked and autotagging is enabled then analytics will track all the adwords information. But if you also want to track it for other campaigns like yahoo or bing then you will need to implement utm parameters as described in previous post.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If your AdWords and Google Analytics accounts are linked then make sure you've enabled the settings also.

Follow the steps to check:

1. Log in to Analytics.
  2. At the top right corner, click the Settings link.
  3. Select the check box for Allow Google Support to access my accounts when I report issues.
  4. Click Save User Settings.

Thanks,

Anand Vishwakarma