Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Proximity targeting through business data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to add 4500 addresses (proximity targets) to my campaign. But it is not allowing me as there is a limit of 500 per campaign ? How can I overcome this limitation ? Can I overcome this through business data ? Can I upload all 4500 addresses into a business data file and target all of them in a single campaign ? A quick help will be much appreciated 

Thanks,

Subramanian S

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subramanian S
September 2016

Re: Proximity targeting through business data

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Subramanian,

Thanks for posting to the Community. In AdWords, there is a limit of 10k individual location targets + an additional 500 proximity targets. However, you should be able to put additional location targets in a location targeting feed (as part of your business data), and each location targeting feed will count as 1 toward the 15k total limit.

The instructions for setting up that feed are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072708?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subramanian S
September 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Subramanian,

Thanks for posting to the Community. In AdWords, there is a limit of 10k individual location targets + an additional 500 proximity targets. However, you should be able to put additional location targets in a location targeting feed (as part of your business data), and each location targeting feed will count as 1 toward the 15k total limit.

The instructions for setting up that feed are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072708?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wonderful. Thanks for the solution.

I am planning to add all my 4500 locations to a single feed and add that feed to the campaign as 1 targeting instance.
Also, in the feed, I will add Address Line 1, City, State, Zip Code and Country for all the 4500 locations.
I hope I am right. Please confirm.