AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Proximity targeting through business data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to add 4500 addresses (proximity targets) to my campaign. But it is not allowing me as there is a limit of 500 per campaign ? How can I overcome this limitation ? Can I overcome this through business data ? Can I upload all 4500 addresses into a business data file and target all of them in a single campaign ? A quick help will be much appreciated 

Thanks,

Subramanian S

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subramanian S
September 2016

Re: Proximity targeting through business data

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Subramanian,

Thanks for posting to the Community. In AdWords, there is a limit of 10k individual location targets + an additional 500 proximity targets. However, you should be able to put additional location targets in a location targeting feed (as part of your business data), and each location targeting feed will count as 1 toward the 15k total limit.

The instructions for setting up that feed are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072708?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subramanian S
September 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Subramanian,

Thanks for posting to the Community. In AdWords, there is a limit of 10k individual location targets + an additional 500 proximity targets. However, you should be able to put additional location targets in a location targeting feed (as part of your business data), and each location targeting feed will count as 1 toward the 15k total limit.

The instructions for setting up that feed are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072708?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wonderful. Thanks for the solution.

I am planning to add all my 4500 locations to a single feed and add that feed to the campaign as 1 targeting instance.
Also, in the feed, I will add Address Line 1, City, State, Zip Code and Country for all the 4500 locations.
I hope I am right. Please confirm.

Proximity targeting through business data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this option supported in the new UI? I can see my original location targeting feeds but am not able to add in new ones.  I use this extensively and seems like a big miss if not supported in the new UI. Hopefully I'm missing something on my end.

Thank you.