1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Promotional code and country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started setting up my account from last week and google send me an email saying that all I need to do is to enter my payment details  plus they offer my a $100 coupon. Anyway I tried to enter the code and it keep saying something about not been eligible for promotion because of my billing country. Why google would send me a code that doesn't working? I entered my company's address at the beginning and they knew that I was based overseas. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promotional code and country

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Promo codes are limited to territories,.
You might have received a code that is not valid in your territory. (That could happen, for example, if a US hosting service sends a promo code to a client in Europe. The code is not valid in Europe, OR, if an advertiser is located in Europe and have a billing address in the US, a code distributed in Europe is not will not be valid.)

Google distributes promotions through various channels. those incidents, though NOT common, do happen sometimes.Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’