Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Promotional Codes on AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i run this blog <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> and will like to increase awareness and traffic to the blog. Can adwords be of help?

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove an unnecessary URL.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promotional Codes on AdWords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,
One is not allowed to promote himself/herself and his/her business here, as per the community guidelines.
This community is solely related to the adwords related discussions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Chukwudi,

You should probably delete the blog URL so you comply with the forum rules as Archit told you. It's enough to know currently that you are running a blogger.com blog.

Technically speaking you are allowed to choose the option of running AdWords ads linked to your blog. However, please be advised, that in regard to a given Google search, only one of the ads will display on the SERP that promote all those blogger blogs. Since there are Ks of such blogs out there you'll need to be very competitive to earn awareness or use very rare and specific keywords.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Apologies on breaking the forums rule. Can i get a link that enlightens me on how to get started on promoting my blog using google adwords? Thank you

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Chukwudi,
Back to your original question - Yes! Adwords can be a huge help.

You can start by choosing what kind of approach you want to take.

A Search campaign shows your ad about your blog to people actively searching for information on Google about "what your blog is about". It will help get you to the first page of the search results.
A Display campaign can show your ads to people who are just browsing around online, looking at other websites that are similar to "what your blog is about". It will help show your blog to people who share interests.

Both have a lot of benefits to advertising your blog and the advantages of keeping costs low. Keep in mind that you can utilize both options Smiley Happy

Here is a Google link to help you: https://www.google.ca/adwords/get-started/

Good Luck!