AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting a page like that of Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are creating a site that is similar to Google search page - with just a search box and nothing more. Of course, the site is meant to help people in a particular area, say for example "search jobs".

How to promote this page with Google Adwords?

Whoever I speak to says put text and content in that page. Keeping it simple will not help. Is it true?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Promoting a page like that of Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ramu,

Creating a page with only search button is not going to help you as far as my understanding goes.

As per the guidelines, your landing page should have some meaning in terms of whether it is going to be beneficial when someone lands onto it. There should be enough content and value attached to your landing page. Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ramu,

Creating a page with only search button is not going to help you as far as my understanding goes.

As per the guidelines, your landing page should have some meaning in terms of whether it is going to be beneficial when someone lands onto it. There should be enough content and value attached to your landing page. Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ramu,
Pankaj has answered your question but just a small addition - even if Google approve your ads, because of no content, the CPC could be very high.