AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting a Newsletter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  I'm looking to simply promote my free work from home newsletter and wanted to know if anyone knows if Adwords allows this? They have so many policy restrictions and i don't want to go through the hastle of setting everything up to find out that they don't allow it.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks, Susan

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Promoting a Newsletter

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Susan - OK - I don't see the average "Get rich quick" "make money from home" scheme situation here but I could be wrong, I didn't read the whole site.  This looks more to me like an informational "How to effectively work from home" type of site. I don't see any over-promising or any unrealistic claims (I may have missed them).  That said, I'm not on the Google policy team so I can't be positive that the content you have is enough to get you by.  I guess my thought was that perhaps you had a full site and one of your goals was to obtain newsletter subscriptions, not that it was your whole site geared toward this objective. 

Often, when reviewing these type of sites, there is a very clear issue with policy, I'm still on the fence here and honestly, I'm thinking you could be facing some issues. 

You could try to seek help/advise from Google support directly, it's worth a shot.  You'll want to try the "free help getting set up" phone number, I just found this one:  1-800-919-9922

@Roy - You know as well as I do that being a GCP is a function of passing a couple of exams and maintaining an MCC spend.  Your knowledge, expertise and experience is as valuable as anyone's here, please share if you have more insight or info. 

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Read this "or promoting quick and easy ways to make money (“get rich quick working from your home in just two hours a day!”) are more often than not up to no good."

http://www.google.com/goodtoknow/online-safety/ads/ 

and this http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1050602

Roy

ClickMaximus.com

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Susan,

First, promoting a newsletter is perfectly fine and quite common.  However, as previously stated, the policies surrounding the "work from home" concept are strict and a majority of these businesses are a bit on the phony side. 

If you have a clear, transparent and legitimate business you could be in the clear not all "work from home" businesses are the same.

We can take a quick look at your website and give you some suggestions if you'd like...no promises though.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tom.  I'd love to take you up on your offer.

While it's a work in progress, the web address is http://www.theworkfromhomenewsletter.com

Any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Susan.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good luck Tom! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I think...lol

Is that a "good luck" you won't be approved?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, Susan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

That message was to Tom. He is a certified Adwords Partner and I'm sure he will do his best to help you. I sincerely wish you the best of luck!

Roy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Susan - OK - I don't see the average "Get rich quick" "make money from home" scheme situation here but I could be wrong, I didn't read the whole site.  This looks more to me like an informational "How to effectively work from home" type of site. I don't see any over-promising or any unrealistic claims (I may have missed them).  That said, I'm not on the Google policy team so I can't be positive that the content you have is enough to get you by.  I guess my thought was that perhaps you had a full site and one of your goals was to obtain newsletter subscriptions, not that it was your whole site geared toward this objective. 

Often, when reviewing these type of sites, there is a very clear issue with policy, I'm still on the fence here and honestly, I'm thinking you could be facing some issues. 

You could try to seek help/advise from Google support directly, it's worth a shot.  You'll want to try the "free help getting set up" phone number, I just found this one:  1-800-919-9922

@Roy - You know as well as I do that being a GCP is a function of passing a couple of exams and maintaining an MCC spend.  Your knowledge, expertise and experience is as valuable as anyone's here, please share if you have more insight or info. 

Cheers!

-Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Gentlemen!

I'll invest in adding relevant content for sure.

Can you all tell me if including RSS news feeds would make much of a difference?

Thanks again!

Susan