3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting Instagram profile through adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello i want to advertise my instagram profile through adwords , however i need to target only mobile devices and i need my profile to open in the native app not browser is that possible ? link to native app

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promoting Instagram profile through adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stephan
Welcome to the community.

Yes, that is indeed possible. However, please note that it's up to the USER THEMSELVES to decide what instagram links open in. You can't decide that (unless you own the specific app and you want to deep link it). When a user opens an instagram.com link for the first time, their mobile OS asks them what they want to open the link in... a browser or the native app. I'm sure you've seen this yourself. There's no way to set it manually on an app that you don't own. You can be pretty sure that a high percentage of users though have the default app selected though. So while most may open in the app (as long as you advertise the instagram.com domain), some will open in their mobile browser.

Finally, it's important to remember that you are still subject to the same rules and policies in AdWords even if you're advertising a domain that you do not own. That includes the content on your instagram account. That includes any content that your followers post so please be careful with that.

I think your best bet is to give it a trial run and see how it goes.

Promoting Instagram profile through adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I would like to know how it work to advetiser my Instagram profile through Adwords .thank you @swimwearimmerse