Guide Me
star_border

Product page and QS?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What if there is a product page with LESS CONTENT but pictures of the product and product feature list? How do I increase the QS for a product page? Will optimizing the Title tags, and using the targeted keywords in the H1 tag help increase the QS?

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Product page and QS?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

While I don't have data on this, my understanding is that QS landing page relevance is a yes/no. I.E., if Google finds your landing page content relevant, there is no "QS penalty", however, if they find the keyword in your page / content, they are happy.

This means that there is no point in over-optimizing your page, and playing with user experience. So do what you have to do, and check the QS after you make the change. (Be careful to change your ad and resubmit, so you know that Google has re-evaluated quality score.)

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
yes that would help.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi amjath,

As Kim correctly pointed out, yes, any optimization of your content will help. I'm quoting the AdWords Help Center article that says: "Quality Score is an estimate of how relevant your ads, keywords, and landing page are to a person seeing your ad." So when our crawlers check your page and they see lack of relevant content it will have an impact on your quality score. 

Here are some useful articles: 

1. Quality score

2. Understanding landing page experience

Good luck!

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

While I don't have data on this, my understanding is that QS landing page relevance is a yes/no. I.E., if Google finds your landing page content relevant, there is no "QS penalty", however, if they find the keyword in your page / content, they are happy.

This means that there is no point in over-optimizing your page, and playing with user experience. So do what you have to do, and check the QS after you make the change. (Be careful to change your ad and resubmit, so you know that Google has re-evaluated quality score.)