4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Product Target Labels with Goole Product Listg Ads Priority

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Google PLA's.  I have setup several thousand products and their labels to group them together.  I have a question on Priority.  If I have a campaign that includes "All Products" to it take priority over a more specific product target label?

Thanks!

Chris Edwards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product Target Labels with Goole Product Listg Ads Priority

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

Product ads still show based on ad rank--the combination of the QS and your bid. QS comes from a much different source than for ads, and you won't see that QS. Keywords are based on the product description.

If you're looking for a "catch-all" PLA, I would bid less on that ad group or campaign than for more targeted campaigns. If there is a higher bid for an adwords_label group, it will win out and enter into the general auction for display.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmmm, So what happens when I bid less on a adwords_label group than the "catch-all", maybe I have a group of products that doesn't preform well.  Does the adwords_label have priority or does the highest bid have priorty?

Thanks,

Chris

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Chris,
If both of the labels are eligible for the auction then the ad that appears will be the one with the highest AdRank (as petebardo outlined above). It is a combination of bid and how Google has measured the 'relevance' of that creative.

Bidding more gives a better chance to your preference showing. If you don't want the other product to show you can simply pause it to take it out of the auction