AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Product Target Labels with Goole Product Listg Ads Priority

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Google PLA's.  I have setup several thousand products and their labels to group them together.  I have a question on Priority.  If I have a campaign that includes "All Products" to it take priority over a more specific product target label?

Thanks!

Chris Edwards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product Target Labels with Goole Product Listg Ads Priority

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

Product ads still show based on ad rank--the combination of the QS and your bid. QS comes from a much different source than for ads, and you won't see that QS. Keywords are based on the product description.

If you're looking for a "catch-all" PLA, I would bid less on that ad group or campaign than for more targeted campaigns. If there is a higher bid for an adwords_label group, it will win out and enter into the general auction for display.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmmm, So what happens when I bid less on a adwords_label group than the "catch-all", maybe I have a group of products that doesn't preform well.  Does the adwords_label have priority or does the highest bid have priorty?

Thanks,

Chris

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Chris,
If both of the labels are eligible for the auction then the ad that appears will be the one with the highest AdRank (as petebardo outlined above). It is a combination of bid and how Google has measured the 'relevance' of that creative.

Bidding more gives a better chance to your preference showing. If you don't want the other product to show you can simply pause it to take it out of the auction