AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Processing changes with keyboard?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello Adwords novices and gurus,

Is there any way to process changes in Adwords Editor with keyboard? It's quite annoying if you know all the shortcuts and you can do everything quickly on keyboard only, but then you have to left-click to process changes on mouse.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Re: Processing changes with keyboard?

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
Ctrl+Tab then Enter should be equivalent to clicking Process button; no additional Tab presses should be required. Are you saying that doesn't work for you?

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

Here are the Windows based keyboard shortcuts for AdWords Editor as per the help center reference which you might consider reading:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/54654?hl=en

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Pankaj,

I know this website, but still it doesn't solve my problem.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Alex,

Apart from this if you are looking for some custom solution, then you might have to wait until AdWords Engineers further refine the methodologies being used Smiley Happy

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
What do you mean by "process changes"? If you mean Post Changes, that would be Ctrl+S.

In general, if a command appears in the main menu, there's usually a keyboard shortcut listed next to it. Post Changes is under Account menu.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Hello again,

I was afraid that you say thatSmiley Sad

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Hello AdWordsEng-Igor,

I do not mean Post changes. I mean process button. Whenever I'm doing any bulk operation like add multiple keywords/ads/whatever I can control everything just by keyboard. But then when I want to process it and keep going I cannot just simply enter and go on, I have to click on it. It would be nice if confirm button was preselected or if there was some shortcut, maybe enter. If enter was too risky, maybe some combo like control+enter.

It's not a big deal, but it's slowing my work with Adwords editor.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Ah, Add Multiple. Enter generally works to select Process button - except when the focus is in the big text area, where Enter starts a new line. When in this box, hit Ctrl+Tab - that moves the focus to the first control, usually the "my information below includes..." checkbox. Then hit Enter.

Works for me on Windows. Not sure what happens on Mac - I don't have one handy at the moment.

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner
Yes, I know about ctrl+tab, but still it needs this + few more Tab button presses and then it is easier to do just one click on mouse, but like I was saying. I think it's overly complicated, because if you have everything set right and you're just adding multiple ''stuff'' into your ad groups you dont usually need any other button or setting except that process button.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
Ctrl+Tab then Enter should be equivalent to clicking Process button; no additional Tab presses should be required. Are you saying that doesn't work for you?