AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Problems linking Google Adwords to Google Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have joined a company responsible for Marketing.

The company has two separate Google Accounts one for Adwords and one for Analytics.  

They have 3 different Google Analytic profiles set up and only one profile with active information.

I need to link the Google Adwords account to the appropriate Google Analytics account but appear to be unable to do this. The Google Analytics account is sitting under another inactive profile and I do not seem to have the same access rights/options to this account. I am scared to delete the other profiles in case I delete the live Google analytics account information.

I have added the other Google user account as an administrator of Google Analytics but this can only see the inactive Google Analytics profiles. Can you help please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems linking Google Adwords to Google Analytics Account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tracy, welcome to the Community.

An inability to link AdWords and Analytics - as I suspect you suspect - is normally a permissions issue.  You "just" have to ensure that the Google Account user for AdWords has Administrative access to the Analytics Account you want to link to.

Jon

(added)  Can you describe exactly what happens when you try to carry out the linking steps?  So you log into AdWords, go to Tools & Analysis, then click on Google Analytics.  What happens next?

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits