AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Problems adding location extensions in MCC for client

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear all,

HELP

I am encountering some rooky problems adding location extensions in MCC for two clients. Recently started out practicing with the accounts of two small businesses from friends of mine. 

Yet AdWords seems to link my MCC to these campaigns, and therefore is not able to connect to the GMB data and settings these two companies already have set up.

Read somewhere I should give these clients administrative rights. But thats the default setting.

Anyway before it will take me two hours to get nowhere, I hope someone sees this post. And has the solution. No hurry I am offline for a while for now.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems adding location extensions in MCC for client

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I'm moving your thread into the Adwords board of this forum - you started int he GMB board of the forumwhere we don't know much about MCC extensions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Right. Yes.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Gijsbert,

Please find below the steps for creating Location Extension Manually in AdWords account which you have already linked in your MCC.

Add Location Extensions Manually:-

You can manage your Location Extensions Manually if you are unable to link your Client business page.

I am managing multiple accounts within my Agency MCC and I have entered the business address manually for individual AdWords account as per Attached PDF steps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLMGNKZ1NTbG1iMzQ/view?usp=sharing

You can also read the below thread for this.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Linking-AdWords-Location-Extensions-to-M...

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Hai @Gijsbert M,
No need to worry about this.
Normally Google won't allow you to add Location Extension from your MCC.
Reason: Administrative Access of Google My Business and Google Adwords Should be same.
As your MCC id does'nt match with My Business Data of Your Friends location, It's not possible.
Solution:
1) Ask your friends to login to Adwords account using their Administrative ID.
2) Guide them with the procedure to interlink Adwords and My business to Show Location Extension along with the Ads.
3) Thats it. Now Location Extension will be added .

Reminder: Adwords And My business should have same administrtive access to implement Location Extension.

Regards,
Manikandan G.