star_border

Problem with bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two adgroup lets say: Ad1 and Ad2.

In Ad1 i have a keyword "cattle feeds" with phrase match

in Ad2 adgroup i have a keyword "cattle feeds in india" with Exact match

But problem is when someone search "cattle feeds in india" triggering ads from Ad1 i want to trigger ads from ad2.

What is the best way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Problem with bidding

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santu D,
Please add [cattle feeds in india] as negative keyword in Ad1 (adgroup level).
Thanks
Santosh

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santu D,
Please add [cattle feeds in india] as negative keyword in Ad1 (adgroup level).
Thanks
Santosh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks but is that best practice?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Santu IMO it is the best way , please wait for sometime if there is some other better way to do this other top members will certainly give their views here.
Thanks
Santosh

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Santu,

Since you have two adgroups one is Cattle feeds and one is location targeting cattle feeds in India. First of all I would like to suggest here to keep the bids high for exact and less for phrase and least for broad.

Also to stop cross triggering, you need to add across adgroup negative keyword. In this case you can add "in india" phrase or india broad as negative in Phrase match adgroup. Or If you only want to stop cattle feeds in india to trigger you can add it as exact match as suggested above.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Neha but i already tried two option but first one is not working well. According to Google https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en always first option is exact match.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
I would agree with Neha. Exact match adgroups, and exact negatives in broad/phrase adgroups are the only way to ensure that you get the "right" ad to show for each query.

If the account is large enough I will create an exact campaign, and a "query" broad/phrase campaign. When you have enough search term history to know what exact search terms generate the most revenue/volume, add those to your exact campaign with highly focused ads in each adgroup, and exclude those terms as exact negatives in the query campaign.

Then focus your budget first and foremost to the exact campaign and try to maximize impression share. If you have any budget left, then apply that to the long tail/query campaign and continue mining those search queries.
Tom