AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Prior to starting a campaign how do i determine what ad words are best

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

New to ad words and i would like to know how to determine which are best for my campaign

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords is the name for Google's pay-per-click (PPC) ad system.  I believe what you are asking is, how do you determine which KEYWORDS are best for your campaign. 

This is determined through a process known as "keyword research".  Google provides a KEYWORD PLANNER tool from within the AdWords interface, which you can use to find commonly used keywords.  Goto TOOLS > KEYWORD PLANNER. 

Also, you can simply enter "best keywords for {your market} into Google search, and you will find a lot of ideas and resources from around the web.  For example "best keywords for dentists", "best keywords for locksmith", etc. 

As far as determining which are best, that is an iterative process of trial and error.  Often a minority percentage of the keywords in a campaign end up doing the bulk of the work.  Like in many things, the 80/20 rule often applies.

hth!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords is the name for Google's pay-per-click (PPC) ad system.  I believe what you are asking is, how do you determine which KEYWORDS are best for your campaign. 

This is determined through a process known as "keyword research".  Google provides a KEYWORD PLANNER tool from within the AdWords interface, which you can use to find commonly used keywords.  Goto TOOLS > KEYWORD PLANNER. 

Also, you can simply enter "best keywords for {your market} into Google search, and you will find a lot of ideas and resources from around the web.  For example "best keywords for dentists", "best keywords for locksmith", etc. 

As far as determining which are best, that is an iterative process of trial and error.  Often a minority percentage of the keywords in a campaign end up doing the bulk of the work.  Like in many things, the 80/20 rule often applies.

hth!