Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Prepay Balance Running Low email also sent to another email as cc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear sir,

Today I got the mail from adwords email adwords-noreply@google.com that my Prepay Balance Running Low which is correct. But when I checked in the 'CC' field in gmail, an email address of a person I know  was mentioned which is an odd case because he has got nothing to do with my online affairs, specially adwords.

I checked the 'Account access' under my account but only my name was mentioned in the list. Can you please guide me if my google / adwords account has been compromised or if he has some how managed to link his account to my account, is there any mitigation strategy which I should follow.

Feel free to ask me anything in particular just in case I am unclear with the above findings.

- Thanks & Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Prepay Balance Running Low email also sent to another email as cc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Adwords send the email notification to all the users who have access to the particular Adwords account and that the users have check marked the option to receive email notification in their inboxes. Other than that, no other email addresses are sent these kind of notifications.

I would suggest you to contact Adwords support ASAP if you think there is some mistake. Before that I would also advice to double check the account access users by going into My account>> Account access and see if there are some additional email addresses linked to your account.

Pankaj