AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Premium bid on "non advertiser" keyword ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, can someone explain to me how the bid works ? does Google put the base bid/price based on their assumption ?

At the moment, i'm targetting a keyword where there's no advertiser on the organic result. But my ad is not still not showing (may max bid is my average cpc on other keyword)... how this can happen... i monitor day/knight, but no advertiser on this specific keyword.

Can someone explain about this ?

Thanks !

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Premium bid on "non advertiser" keyword ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Viktor,

1) Under Settings Tab >> Scroll down to Bidding and budget

2) Click Edit on Bidding Option

3) Select Focus on clicks - use maximum CPC bids

Here you will find two options:

a) I'll manually set my bids for clicks

b) AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget

Select (a) if you want to set your bids manualy.

Select (b) if you wants google adwords to set your bids within your targeted budget/day.

P.S. If you are new to adwords and you do not have idea about cost per click, it is recommeded to run campaign on auto bidding (b) for few days and one you get enough data change your automatic bidding (b) to manual bidding (a).

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, Viktor.

Lack of competition is no guarantee for your ad to show. There are many factors which contribute to the calculation of the first page bid, and they're detailed here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=104242

Can you please tell us what the quality scores are for the keywords you'd expect to trigger your ad?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Quality Score is 8/10 which i think is ok.. i don't want to use autobid, it just don't make any sense for me where no advertiser bid on the keyword, but my bid can become expensive one

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

If you hover over the speech bubble next to the keyword, what does it say? Does it list any issues?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Viktor,

As Calin said, no competition is not a guarantee of cheap clicks! Included in the calculation of QS and ad rank is a predictive score based on previous use of the keyword(s) across all accounts. If your keyword has a history of a low click-through rate, you will have to bid more to get your ad shown.

In Google's eye, it is better to show no ads than to show ads that won't get clicks. This is partially due to their "user experience" motto, and partly financial. It takes actual resources to serve up ads on pages, and with the number of pages Google serves ad displays can add up quickly in terms of bandwidth and CPU usage. Google doesn't want to waste those resources serving ads that won't get clicks and, therefore, won't generate enough revenue to pay for the resources. On a single AdWords account, that isn't much, but for millions of accounts that could be a problem. But if you raise your bid high enough to where your single click on that keyword has the potential of paying for all the resources involved and maybe a little extra for the stock-holders, they will show your ad anyway.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Viktor,

PeteBardo says it best. Try raising your bid to $12.00 and your ad should begin to show right away.

Keep a close on eye on it and see what the actual CPC will be and then decide if you are willing to pay that cost per click.

I hope this helps and good luck

------

@LoonieGuy