AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Predicting Click to Call Cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to predict click to call cost? Is it just the estimated first page bid?

any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author informavore7
September 2015

Re: Predicting Click to Call Cost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Informavore,

I think that the estimated first page bid is a good starting point to calculate the bid. However, factor in that the ad copy will show on mobile devices where typically the top 2 ads are most valuable. (The third one often comes at the bottom.) Hence the ideal average Ad Position should be between 1.0 and 2.0.

The bid and the actual cost you pay for a click are different animals. The latter typically is ~60-80% of the former, however, deviation is huge in this respect. Causes are associated with competition, i.e. it might be pretty close to 100% when competition is really fierce.

Best,

Lakatos

P.S. Please refrain from double-posting your query in the future.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author informavore7
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Informavore,

I think that the estimated first page bid is a good starting point to calculate the bid. However, factor in that the ad copy will show on mobile devices where typically the top 2 ads are most valuable. (The third one often comes at the bottom.) Hence the ideal average Ad Position should be between 1.0 and 2.0.

The bid and the actual cost you pay for a click are different animals. The latter typically is ~60-80% of the former, however, deviation is huge in this respect. Causes are associated with competition, i.e. it might be pretty close to 100% when competition is really fierce.

Best,

Lakatos

P.S. Please refrain from double-posting your query in the future.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer,

I didn't realize I had double posted - was signing in and the whole thing disappeared. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Never mind, things may happen unintentionally. Just take care ... Man LOL