Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Possible to promote two different urls in One Adwords Account

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Advertisers,

I am promoting music event for my client through adwords. They want to sell their tickets via ticket selling website. Can I promote that ticket selling website url in adwords is it possible else Can i create one landing page and make some simple button and people are clicking that particular button it will redirect to that ticket selling website payment page that is fine or any other method is their? Please help me sort it out. And one more thing how to check the conversion tracking Please help me advertisers.  Both urls are different.   

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author venkatesh s
September 2015

Re: Possible to promote two different urls in One Adwords Account

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

If you're using a third party payment gateway, I'd suggest integrating it with the client's own site firstly. You can then advertise your client's website in AdWords. In this case, you'll have to create a "payment confirmation" or "thank you" page and lead users there after making a successful payment. Conversion Tracking needs to be placed on this page.

I wouldn't suggest advertising a third party event booking website (like bookmyshow), primarily because you'll have no control over the website. If the website isn't compliant with AdWords policies (in future, just in case) your account might also be penalised for it. Neither wiuld you be able to track anything, as you don't own the site.

Creating a website and leading users to such an event booking website should be fine, as long as your website has original content about the event. The most you can do in this case, is to track events in GA for he number of button clicks.

If the event is not a one off, if your client intends to do such event in future, the best thing to do would be to create a website with online booking facility. In this case, you'll have full control over the website and also be able to track conversions more effectively.

Feel free to write back.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author venkatesh s
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

If you're using a third party payment gateway, I'd suggest integrating it with the client's own site firstly. You can then advertise your client's website in AdWords. In this case, you'll have to create a "payment confirmation" or "thank you" page and lead users there after making a successful payment. Conversion Tracking needs to be placed on this page.

I wouldn't suggest advertising a third party event booking website (like bookmyshow), primarily because you'll have no control over the website. If the website isn't compliant with AdWords policies (in future, just in case) your account might also be penalised for it. Neither wiuld you be able to track anything, as you don't own the site.

Creating a website and leading users to such an event booking website should be fine, as long as your website has original content about the event. The most you can do in this case, is to track events in GA for he number of button clicks.

If the event is not a one off, if your client intends to do such event in future, the best thing to do would be to create a website with online booking facility. In this case, you'll have full control over the website and also be able to track conversions more effectively.

Feel free to write back.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
It is possible to promote two URLs through one account. That said, I agree with the things that Sumanth has said. You wouldn't have control over tracking, unless your client has a relationship with the third-party but if it's a big company, it would be nearly impossible.

Furthermore, I don't like to send visitors to third party sites (if I can help it) because you often can't limit their navigational capabilities to solely your client. They might shop around for other events and you could wasting money to fund other events from other venues.

Hope this helps!
Amy

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Venkatesh,

So you can very much use two different Display URLS under one account , required you are promoting one

Display URL per adgroup.

Like other i wouldn't suggest you to promote third party site because of following reason :

• You will directly compete with them if they are running their own adwords campaign for this event or some other event.
  • Conversion tracking will be cumbersome.
  • No scope of on-site optimization.

Conversion Tracking : In your case you can only track conversions if the third party(website) allows you to place your tracking code on their website.In case they don't allow you , maybe you wanna use "Tracking offline conversions" method to track your conversions.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Zaidan