AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Possible to have 2 separate accts but diff URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wondering whether its possible to have person A handling the adwords account for Campaign A to website, www.restaurant.com/dining) and person B handling the adwords account for Campaign B to website, (www.restaurant.com/events).

The adgroups and keywords will be different. However, I'm not sure whether the destination URL is considered the same in this instance and whether this triggers the double serving policy. 

Kindly advise?

Thanks a million!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Possible to have 2 separate accts but diff URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Please note that Same business-Same Account is the thumb rule as far as Double Serving Policy is considered to the best of my knowledge.

You can create multiple campaigns inside your single Adwords account and test them out for their performance.

Find details about Double Serving Policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Please note that Same business-Same Account is the thumb rule as far as Double Serving Policy is considered to the best of my knowledge.

You can create multiple campaigns inside your single Adwords account and test them out for their performance.

Find details about Double Serving Policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Pankaj,

Thank you for you kind advice!

I read about the Double Serving policy but was still unsure whether my case is considered same destination URL, hence the confusion.

Now I gather that the accounts will conflict one another regardless, despite directing to different tabs?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

The point here is that you want to create multiple Adwords accounts for the same website, which actually means same business. That's not allowed. Please read the Double Serving Policy in detail.

Pankaj