AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Plz Define CTR in Detail.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me what actually CTR is ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Plz Define CTR in Detail.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Muti,

If you haven't gone through this link which explains CTR:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2615875?hl=en

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Muti,

If you haven't gone through this link which explains CTR:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2615875?hl=en

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Muti,

CTR is the ratio of clicks recorded by the total impressions recorded in your AdWords account/campaign. In simple mathematical terms,

CTR = Clicks/Impressions

Do give neha's link a read and let us know if you have any other questions on this.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In short CTR = Click Through Rate, which is the number of clicks divided by the number of impressions.

Irrelevant keywords or irrelevant ads generally lower CTRs because they do not match the user's intent.

Poor quality ads, regardless of the keyword relevance, usually result in lower CTRs. Examples of poor quality ads are ads with bad grammar, typos or DKI that results in awkward text.

Another factor in CTR is simply the number of impressions. Low number of impressions are a result of too short of time and/or low trafficked keywords, a budget that has run out too fast, etc.. In this case the CTR would not give you much indication on the quality of your ads or keywords.