Guide Me
star_border

Please help me choose a Bid strategy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Members,

I just started to use AdWords since a week for my employer. Could you please help me choose the best Bid strategy for our conditions. All below ads are for all countries and all language options selected.

1. This is a text only ad. It mostly has phrase keywords related to our products.  We have max. 20 keywords. What should be the bid strategy here?

2. This is also a text only ad. This ad is to target users who search our competitor ''brand names'' on google, Not the product. What should be the budget and What should be the bid strategy here?

Thank you in advance!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BDS K
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @BDS K,

Thanks for the clarification, now I can imagine what your business is. I suppose you have reasons to believe that your potential clients understand the language of the ad copies. Else issues may emerge.

1. You can use the Keyword planner under the upper Tools tab in your account.

2. Easiest way is try and err. You may want to set a high daily budget to start with. You will not be charged more than necessary in case no one else is bidding on those keywords. (Anyway, you want to be 100% on top.) If the budget is not enough, increase it the next day. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @BDS K,

So that you know selecting an automatic bid strategy is not advisable before you accrue some reasonable and statistically meaningful history. Going forward, let's suppose you have accrued it by now. (Though all countries combined with all languages sounds aimless.)

1. The set up you describe sounds unbelievable. Additionally, if your competitors are not bidding on your keywords, why do you need a bid strategy? If you stick to it, you may want to try the Target search page location automatic bid strategy.

2. Target search page location could be a good automatic bid strategy in this situation. You are advised to set a daily budget that is able to support the ad across 24 hours of the day.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear @Lakatos,

Thank you for your help.

1. If you say bid strategy is not needed for us, then what should I use, normal CPC? How should i deice the CPC price?

2. I will do as you said above.

Also, how do we calculate this? ''You are advised to set a daily budget that is able to support the ad across 24 hours of the day.''

regards,

Rohan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BDS K
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @BDS K,

Thanks for the clarification, now I can imagine what your business is. I suppose you have reasons to believe that your potential clients understand the language of the ad copies. Else issues may emerge.

1. You can use the Keyword planner under the upper Tools tab in your account.

2. Easiest way is try and err. You may want to set a high daily budget to start with. You will not be charged more than necessary in case no one else is bidding on those keywords. (Anyway, you want to be 100% on top.) If the budget is not enough, increase it the next day. 

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much @Lakatos

Last question, do you think in our case investing in Display Ads is good?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Negative, I don't think so. Because you are new to AdWords and display ads are primarily for branding purposes while you focus on sales (online transactions) I suppose. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I will go forward with your suggestion!