2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Please help- error setting up account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am really struggling to create an AdWords account. I keep getting this message:
We're not able to set up an AdWords account for you. <a href="https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1664276">Learn more</a>

If I go into settings- it asks for the birth date and customer ID but I dont have one because I cannot create an account

I have tried calling Google, but I'm just not finding what to do or who to contact.

I would really appreciate some help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Please help- error setting up account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi and welcome to the AdWords Community!

Are you trying to set up a traditional AdWords Account, or AdWords Express?

If trying to set up a traditional AdWords Account, go here.  Make sure to use a unique email address (one that is not tied to any other AdWords Account).  The system will only allow you to use an email address that is not tied to any other AdWords Account.

Using that link, you should be able to sign up for an AdWords Account.  If you're still experiencing difficulties, I suggest you clear your cookies and your cache.  This can often fix technical glitches.

If you're trying to sign up for AdWords Express, try here.

Finally, as you're new to AdWords, below are several resources that can help you as you begin your AdWords journey.  AdWords is a great tool for connecting with your target audience, but advertisers see best success when they take the time to learn and understand the platform.

1. Growing your business with AdWords (aka AdWords for Beginner’s Guide) – Simple, yet thorough explanation of the AdWords platform and how to set up an Account.  I particularly like this resource because it’s linear and gives you examples and tips.
  2. AdWords Help Center – All you ever needed to know about AdWords in one place with great on-site search functionality.  Recommended: Set up your account and start advertising
  3. AdWords YouTube Channel – If you prefer watching videos vs. reading, this is the place for you.
  4. AdWords Community - Yes, you’re already here, but besides posting questions, take time to review questions that advertisers have previously asked, and their solutions.
  5. AdWords Step by Step - Another simple, easy to understand walkthrough on the basics of setting up an AdWords Account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Please help- error setting up account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi and welcome to the AdWords Community!

Are you trying to set up a traditional AdWords Account, or AdWords Express?

If trying to set up a traditional AdWords Account, go here.  Make sure to use a unique email address (one that is not tied to any other AdWords Account).  The system will only allow you to use an email address that is not tied to any other AdWords Account.

Using that link, you should be able to sign up for an AdWords Account.  If you're still experiencing difficulties, I suggest you clear your cookies and your cache.  This can often fix technical glitches.

If you're trying to sign up for AdWords Express, try here.

Finally, as you're new to AdWords, below are several resources that can help you as you begin your AdWords journey.  AdWords is a great tool for connecting with your target audience, but advertisers see best success when they take the time to learn and understand the platform.

1. Growing your business with AdWords (aka AdWords for Beginner’s Guide) – Simple, yet thorough explanation of the AdWords platform and how to set up an Account.  I particularly like this resource because it’s linear and gives you examples and tips.
  2. AdWords Help Center – All you ever needed to know about AdWords in one place with great on-site search functionality.  Recommended: Set up your account and start advertising
  3. AdWords YouTube Channel – If you prefer watching videos vs. reading, this is the place for you.
  4. AdWords Community - Yes, you’re already here, but besides posting questions, take time to review questions that advertisers have previously asked, and their solutions.
  5. AdWords Step by Step - Another simple, easy to understand walkthrough on the basics of setting up an AdWords Account.