Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Please Help on Ecommerce Set up

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I am running a Search Network, Display Network campaigns for shopping website. I had set up adwords conversion and analytics url goal set up to track the conversion but my client is asking for ecommerce set up. i am really poor at coding part. i went to google analytics support and googled many guides to set up e commerce tracking. I enabled the Ecommerce setting in Analytics. But i know it was incomplete set up we need to add code and set up funnels to track ecommerce data in analytics. I have analytics code in my website. Now please any one help me which code or where can i find the code to be inserted and track ecommerce data?

Thanks in advacne.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Please Help on Ecommerce Set up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi James
The setup of ecommerce tracking is not trivial and if you've no experience with coding, I'd recommend that you hire someone who does.

If you do want to tackle this yourself though, the best way to do it is with Google Tag Manager. You can find step by step instructions here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107169

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Dave, its a good way but i do not have Google tag manger. I know its difficult i can not afford any one to hire for this project. So i need to learn and make set up. If any one who has set up ecommerce tracking ? Please let me know process steps in simple. Coming to the coding part also.. please show me an example of your website.. so that i can change the code accordingly with my analytics details.

If i use the Google tag manager, is there no need to mention every product info in the code?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi James.
I completely understand. However, this is not a one size fits all situation. It will depend on your current setup, the language used on your website etc.

Here's the most comprehensive setup document on setting this up : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

There is no "simple" point and click instruction set for this I'm afraid.

If you use GTM, you still need to dynamically pass the product details to the script. All the details are in the documentation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.